Brendan and I rented a car last weekend (March 13-14th) and went up to Belfast. We spent all Friday in the Titanic museum. Very well done museum! They go through the history of Belfast and why it become the location to build ships. Very interesting! Brendan was more interested in the huge cranes and machinery used to build the ships. I enjoyed the history. :)
 |
| The location where the Titanic was built (on the left) and her sister ship the Olympic |
 |
| HAD to take a picture of Colorado's Molly Brown! |
 |
| The Pump House. Once the ships were made they were moved to the dock and this pump house brought water in to allow the ship out to sea. OR to bring ships in to fix. |
 |
| The Dock where Titanic was (has been in use till very recently. Brendan and I got to walk down there. Kinda scary) |
 |
| In the Dock they had these poster boards of famous people from Belfast. |
On Saturday, Brendan and I drove up the coast to the Giants Causeway. It was cloudy and rainy, BUT an absolutely WONDERFUL drive! Just a nice outing and time together.
The Giants Causeway is a area with basalt columns created by a volcanic eruption. The Irish, of course, have an old legend of how they were made. You can read a version of it
here.
 |
| He wouldn't let me buy it for him... but it suits eh? :) |
 |
| We bought a small souvenir at the Giants Causeway. I love it. |
WONDERFUL!! I'll be like "STOP THE CAR" everywhere we go. Just make me walk down the road a mile or so... Breath air. See sights. Feel ocean spray... Lambs wool, grass...
ReplyDelete