For our last Studio Conducting assignment, we all had to pick a cue from a film to re-score (to practice scoring to film) using a string orchestra. Then we each conducted the pieces using streamers on the cue (colored lines to indicate "hits" or rather places in the film to line up with the music.) Each of us then Score Supervised each other -- helping out in the recording booth to make sure we all had a good"take" (recording). It was a great culmination of conducting music for film and what happens in recording sessions.
I choose the film Big Fish by Tim Burton. I love films with a good story and some depth to the message... and this definitely is one. I used the funeral scene at the very end because it has little or no dialogue so it would be easy to re-score and still have a good piece of music for my portfolio.
I plan to make a website, mix my recordings well, and post them for you all to hear... someday... soon... :)
Some shots of me leading my session.
Beautiful.beyond.belief! Well done, Han. Weeping. :*)
ReplyDelete