Yesterday was Thanksgiving. A couple guys in class were
asking me about our Thanksgiving and what it was. I explained about the
Pilgrims and the help of Squanto and the Indians. Also told them how
Thanksgiving wasn’t made a national holiday until Abraham Lincoln during the
Civil War. I am glad now my mom was a huge history buff. I have to say I always
enjoyed history as well.
Sarah (my roommate) and I decided to try to make a
Thanksgiving meal. I had to go to 4 different stores to collect the items.
Couldn’t find cranberries, but we decided it wasn’t our favorite anyways…
it was still odd not to have it. I had to have pickles and found some very good
ones. I got green beans but couldn’t find the rest of the stuff to make green
bean casserole. My family also makes these FABULOUS rolls (called Dilly Rolls)
--- I missed out on that. We also couldn’t find pumpkin pie. Even with just a
turkey breast it STILL takes longer then you think J I started cooking at 4pm and
we didn’t sit down till 7:30pm. I thought we did very well with what we had and our tiny oven. Sarah gave me a very nice compliment. She said she was very impressed everything was warm and out in perfect timing :) I still think about going to culinary art school... Like Julia Child :) We were all very happy with the meal. Bo
approved. Sarah and I called it team Beck-Esmay/Greene – which got shorten to
Team BEG. It was a good night.
Bojan approved of the layout









No comments:
Post a Comment