I do wish the marimba and piano were placed closer to each other. I am not sure why the instruments were the way they were. I believe the idea was to put high sounds to low sounds. Having the piano in the back corner caused problems. With my piece the piano and marimba lead the rhythm and she couldn't hear the marimba player---it caused a lot of frustration. I felt bad for her. It's like playing piano in a huge church with a choir in the balcony at the back of the building... the sound gets shifted. I haven't heard my recordings yet, but I think they were able to pull off a good take. Lesson learned.
Wednesday, December 3, 2014
Recording Studio
Last Friday (November 28th, 2014) all the Masters in Scoring for Film recorded a 9 instrument composition in Studio 1 at Windmill Lane Studios. We weren't given a vignette or anything this time around, it's just to continue practicing to write for ensembles, learning about composing for instruments and getting us ready for bigger groups. On top of that we get a unique and well recorded composition for our portfolio. I thought they all turned out very well! The instruments were: Flute, Clarinet, Accordion, Marimba, Piano, Guitar, Violin, Cello, Bass. Interesting and challenging ensemble to compose for.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment