Day 3: 1/14/2015
Colosseum
Arch of Constantine
Palantino Hill
Roman Forum
We bought the "Roma Pass" which gets you into 2 museums (we did the Colosseum and Palantino Hill), free transit (it doesn't show on the map but we actually took the train and then walked...), and discounts on any other museum after the 2 included .... this pass lasts for 3 days. It was perfect and well worth it! Highly recommend it!
On our walk from the train to the Colosseum.
I love these trees. They just look cool.
Walking by Palantino Hill... We will look at it more later... :)
And there it is! The Colosseum. The Roma Pass allowed us to walk right in. Didn't have to wait in the long ticket line. Perfect. Just stay clear of people selling things UNLESS you want to pay for a tour guide. Personally, I just paid the 5 euro for the audio guide which looks like a cell phone. There are numbered locations around the Colosseum which correlate to an recording on the device.
Arch of Constantine through the Colosseum ..
This cross was set up (sorry can't remember when) in dedication to all the Christians that were killed in the Colosseum.
The stone which would have covered the sitting area.
We bought lunch at a cart outside the Colosseum. It was some sort of flat bread sandwich thing.... Very good! I would trust the big carts around town.
We had some very aggressive pigeon friends begging for food.... which towards the end of lunch I gave in to feeding :)
While we were there, the men selling the selfie sticks all of a sudden bolted! Sure enough, a few second later 3 motorcycle cops pulled up. Guessing they need some sort of license to sell (?)
The Arch of Constantine tells the whole story of his fight and conquer of Rome. Everything except the frieze telling his story was taken from other monuments.
Walking up to explore Palantino Hill. The ruins of ancient Rome. We spent a good 3 hours wondering around.
I feel in love with all the mosaic stone floors around Rome. I think its just gorgeous.
Again, my obsession with what I call "Dr. Seuss" trees :)
The Audience Chamber of Caesar.... So where Paul might have been...
Brendan, acting like Caesar.
A stray kitty. :)
This is outside Palantino Hill... I believe it is the main Roman Museum. I wanted to go in because the statue of the "She Wolf" is in there... but it closed in an hour and was 15 euro with the discount. Sooo...... We decided not to. I was kinda sad.
We walked to the top of this museum and had a latte/Cappuccino with this beautiful view.
Hummm.... no this is the Roman Museum (Capidoglio).... Not sure what the other picture is... sorry.































No comments:
Post a Comment