St. Peter Plaza
Vatican Museum
St. Angelo Castle
St. Maria Basilica
Pictures of the Vatican Museum - the gardens out back and the multiple areas within the museum. We were not allowed to take pictures of the Sistine Chapel because it's a Holy place.
This thing was in the garden at the Vatican Museum. Brendan recognized it cause there is one just like it by Trinity College. We overheard a tour guide say there are multiple ones around Europe given by the artist. This guide said the Pope was asked what he thought the meaning of the work was and he said (something like) the inner soul -- the tour guide said he thought it looked like the Death Star. Brendan liked how mechanical it looked.
This was an art work I learned about in Art History class. It is MUCH bigger then I thought! Very neat to see something I studied in person :) (below)
The work below shows Constantine winning the war. - Evidently his vision was that if he changed his military symbol to a red cross tent he would win the war and take Rome.
We then walked over to St. Angelo Castle. We were able to get in for free with our Roma Pass!
There is a protected walk-way from the Vatican for the Pope to escape to the castle in case of a siege. There were two rooms for different Popes in the past within the museum...
Brendan shooting "bad guys"
I was laughing at this sign... The picture above is the floor...











No comments:
Post a Comment